Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Babies not sleeping

Today my twins decided to get up at around 7 am, not to bad. But the morning was a whirlwind from there. I had to wake my oldest up to get ready for school, then my second, had to get up and he didn't want to wake up. So that was a fight. Then Morganne decided it was everyone else's fault that she could't find her jacket or shoes, even though I washed her jacket and put it in the closet. Also she has a tote specifically for her shoes, but she claims someone took them out. NOT!!! She later found both right where she put them, in her room on the floor. Then after 10 minutes arguing about blaming others for her mistakes, she yelled at me she was going to be late, and Hunter still hadn't taken a shower and by this time, it was time to leave, but luckily it was raining so we had a little extra time because I could drive them. Then Ryleigh decided to get up and wander out while I have four others swirling around me and the crazy morning. AHHH. I can't believe I don't have gray hair. Then I threw the younger three in the tub and asked mom to watch them while I took Hunter and Morganne to school. I came home from dropping the kids off to find a mountain of water all over the bathroom floor, at this time is was only 9:05 am. Then I rushed Ryleigh to eat breakfast and fed the twins and got her dressed and off to preschool. Whew I can breathe for a minute, oh wait nope. The twins need their diapers changed and they are ready for a nap at 10 am. I wanted them to wait so I wouldn't have to wake them to get Ryleigh at 11:30, but I did and we came home, had lunch and now I have two minutes to bore everyone with my morning routine. I wonder why mothers enjoy massages, pedicure's, manicures and getting their hair done. Maybe it's a small way of having alone time, but not without guilt. You worry the whole time if they are destrying what you cleaned before you left. If dad will feed them, if homework is getting done, if you will have enought time to put dinner on the table or if it's going to have to be pizza again. But despite all the exhausting work, worry and fun, I wouldn't trade my life for ANYTHING. Thanks to my husband and children, I am blessed to be called MOM. Thanks for listenening for today. Jen

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to see you have a blog! Don't you love days like that? I only have two and it's a struggle. I'm glad to see you're doing so good. I haven't had a chance to email you, but I promise I will this century! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had too many stinking days like this and for some reason its the little things kids do that make these days bearable, like saying you look like a princess right after you wake up....i dont know why?? weird huh!? A 3 second comment makes it all worth it? (by the way I am one of Davids cousins from Alaska) Enjoy those kiddos they sure are CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete